Welcome to Messe Noire Studios!
Bespoke tattoo studio in Sherwood Park, AB. We see clients by appointment only.
Messe Noire Artists
Jenny Lockert Tattoos
Jenny has been tattooing since 2014, she specializes in organic shapes, botanicals and fineline styles. Being inspired by Bob Ross, she found more artistic freedom on skin and uses that inspiration daily to create medium to large projects.
Liam Mac Kinnon Tattoos
Liam joined Messe Noire in 2020. He creates beautiful, elaborate realism tattoos. The Black and Grey hyper realism he creates is phenomenal. Call or email to book your consultation with Liam.
Rob Hoskins Tattoos
Rob focuses on large scale, multiple session projects. Rob focuses specifically on full tattoo pieces targeted at dot work, pointillism and geometric shapes.
All our artists are booked in advance. Messe Noire’s tattoo appointments require a deposit to hold your pre-booked appointment time. This allows your artist time to start drawing. All tattoo deposits are non-refundable.
Our artist’s work is in high demand and they are unable to do smaller pieces. Most are booked each day for one or two large pieces. When they are preparing and drawing such large scale pieces, they can work for 12-16 hours at the shop. This leaves no time to “squeeze in” a small piece. They only have so much time and are selective in the pieces they do, as they are always striving to push themselves artistically. With work on the cutting edge of the Canadian tattoo scene, they are booked very far in advance. We assure you they are worth the wait!
New Shop COVID Guidelines:
1.) Be on time:
All clients must arrive at the studio at exactly the time specified of your pre-booked appointment.
2.) Bring a mask:
All clients must bring a clean face mask, or one will be available for purchase before your appointment.
3.) Prepare to sanitize:
You will be asked to use the spray hand sanitizer upon entering the studio and to remove your outside footwear at the front doorway (using the sanitized footwear provided throughout your appointment).
4.) We are appointment ONLY:
We are an appointment only studio, this helps minimize the number of people in the studio at any one time. All clients must come to their scheduled appointment unaccompanied, only the client being tattooed will be allowed entry to the studio. NO exceptions.
5.) See your friends after your appointment:
We lock our doors after all clients are checked in, this helps us to control our studio environment and keep human contact to a bare minimum.
6.) Please be Patient.
Sometimes a cancellation is necessary because your artist is sick, or if adjustments need to be made to your piece. This is art, and will be with you for life. We want to do our best work.
7.) Staff wear masks, too:
All staff will be wearing appropriate PPE and face masks during every appointment.
8.) Thank you:
We appreciate your assistance during this time, these guidelines are in place for our clients safety and our staff.
Our Tattoo Deposit and Appointment Agreement:
- You must be at least 18 Years of Age.
- Government Issued I.D. must be provided prior to your tattoo. No exceptions.
- Do not consume Alcohol up to 8 hours prior to your appointment as it thins your blood.
- Please eat something substantial at least 4 hours before your appointment. You can bring snacks and drinks with you.
- Moisturize the area that will be tattooed up to 2 weeks prior. This will make it easier to work with and produce better art.
- If you are pregnant, we will have to rebook and reschedule your appointment.
- Only the person being tattooed will be permited in the procedure area. This is due to health and safety.
- There is a $25 supply charge added to the first 1/2 hour of every sitting of your tattoo. This covers the cost of materials.
- Touch ups can happen: (schedule permitting) for a small additional charge within one year from the date of your tattoo.
- We will do our best to let you know as soon as possible of any delays or illness that may occur with your artist.
- A deposit is taken to hold your tattoo appointment it is 100% non-refundable. It will come off the price of your final appointment.
Your deposit will be forfeited if you do not meet these above conditions or for any of the following reasons:
- If you are more than 15 minutes late for your appointment.
- If you do not provide at least 72 hours (3 days) notice to cancel or rebook your appointment.
- If you do not have sufficient Valid Government I.D. to prove you are over 18 years of age. (even if this is not requested at the time of booking your appointment.
- If you miss your scheduled appointment time or show up on a different date or at the wrong time
Messe Noire Studios Aftercare for your Tattoo:
If you have a Black or Blue Bandage:
- Please leave the bandage on overnight, and do not attempt to peel it off or lift it.
- Fluid weeping and some bleeding is normal.
- There is no need for concern if you notice your own blood plasma or tattoo ink leaking.
- There may be a little or a lot of fluid.
- Always wash your hands before doing any aftercare.
- Do not remove your bandage until you can wash your tattoo in a clean place.
Removing your Black or Blue Bandage the next Morning:
- When it comes time to remove the bandage, the easiest way to do it is in the shower.
- Gently remove the medical tape holding the bandage in place and allow warm water to flow over the bandage releasing it.
- Never pull off a bandage without warm water, your skin has likely stuck to the bandage overnight. Pulling off your bandage can result in undue discomfort and potential damage to the new tattoo.
- If your bandage sticks to your clothing or sheets during the night, soak the cloth with lukewarm water until it is warm enough to pull free with no effort.
Moisturizing Your New Tattoo
- Your Tattoo won’t need moisturizing for a day or two after the film has been removed.
- Allow the tattoo to become dry until it feels tight, itchy or flaky.
- Moisturize with any unscented lotion a couple times a day as needed.
- Do Not Over Moisturize!
- Do not use any heavy, thick creams.
- A small amount of light, unscented lotion is all you need.
Never Pick or Scratch Your Scabs:
- Scabbing can’t always be avoided. In fact it is a natural process.
- When scabbing does occur, its important to allow the scabs to dry and fall off on their own.
- Never pick your scabs! If you pull your scabs off, you increase the chances of pulling ink out of your tattoo along with the scab. It can also lead to pitting or scarring and potentially damaging the area.
- Do not apply lotion to your scab. Keep them as dry as possible.
- Don’t submerge your scabs in water, or keep them wet. They get sticky and gooey. Try to keep it out of the water during your shower.
- Be careful when drying and cleaning the area. Pat dry with a clean towel, and ensure the scab doesn’t come off.
- If you wake up stuck to the sheets, use lukewarm water until the bedding or clothing is damp enough to pull free.
- Your Tattoo will heal over a 2-6 week period depending on the individual. Age, lifestyle, the size and the location of your tattoo are all factors.
- Always use a good sunscreen (SPF 30+ or higher) on your tattoo until after it is healed.
Featured Tattoo Artist: Rob Hoskins
Rob Hoskins is a self taught tattoo artist and has been tattooing since January 2000. He is originally from Cheltenham, UK, but now resides In Edmonton, AB, Canada. He has spent much of his career travelling across the globe, tattooing at many of the worlds most prestigious tattoo conventions and guesting at numerous studios across Europe, Canada and the US. Rob has won a multitude of international awards from many of the conventions he attends.
Rob has been personally featured in many tattoo orientated publications around the world and has had his tattoo and art work published in many tattoo books and magazines. Rob has also been a feature artist for large number of tattoo and art based websites. Although proficient in many styles of tattooing, Rob specializes in the pointillism/ Dotwork style of tattooing.
Rob regularly creates small, limited runs of merchandise and has also published 2 reference/ resource books for use in the tattoo industry.